Final Cut Pro X
Final Cut Pro X is a powerful, yet simple, revolutionary video editing tool. We will show you everything you need to know: from putting together your story to adding professional titles, effects, transitions, grading, and more.
On this 1 day course, you'll learn the FCP X interface, import and organise your project media, edit and export. From start to finish with no previous editing knowledge required, we'll get you up and running.
- Introduction – Introducing the Final Cut Pro X Interface.
- Importing – Understanding transcoding, video analysis, project management and more.
- Organising – Using keyword collections, smart collections, events, and metadata.
- Editing – Understanding basic editing techniques, essential shortcuts and tips used by professionals.
- Working with Audio – Adding music and Fine tuning audio.
- Titles – Using preset titles and customising text.
- Transitions and Effects – Overview of applying effects and transitions.
- Exporting – Sharing your project and exporting the final film for your intended audience.
On this 3 day course, you'll begin with the FCP X interface all the way through to importing, professional organisation and project management, advanced editing, applying titles, effects, transitions, multi-cam, grading, exporting as well as industry standard techniques and advice throughout the course for getting the most out of your projects.
- Introduction - The practical uses of Final Cut Pro X & editing in the real world.
- Workflow - Exploring the Interface, using menus and shortcuts to working with projects.
- Importing Media - Importing media, creating keyword collections, smart collections and analysing clips.
- Organising Clips in an Event - using metadata, marking clips, multiple keywords and ratings.
- Building the Rough Cut - Creating a new project, connecting, inserting clips and appending clips into the magnetic timeline, working with markers, auditioning clips and storylines.
- Fine-Tuning the Rough Cut - duplicating projects workflow adding gaps, trimming shortcuts.
- Applying Transitions - applying transitions modifying parameters and audio transitions.
- Working with Titles, Generators and Themes - using titles, lower-thirds, modifying titles, video generators and themes.
- Working with Sound - monitoring and adjusting audio in the timeline, adding music and sound effects, adjusting levels, creating fades, recording a voiceover track, and correcting audio problems.
- Retiming and Transforming - using speed effects transforming, cropping, trimming, distorting & Ken Burns.
- Applying Effects - applying audio & video effects, modifying parameters, auditioning & animating effects.
- Multicam - working with the powerful multicam to cut a video in real-time using efficient shortcuts.
- Animation - key-framing parameters and effects with flexibility to make non-destructive changes.
- Compositing - layering video and text, using layer blending modes with textures, image, text and video.
- Colour Correction and Grading - using colour balancing and understanding grading techniques.
- Sharing Your Project - adjusting levels for broadcast, exporting your project to various platforms.
- Workflow - expert workflow advice, using XMLs. managing your media for multiple editors, tips and industry techniques on how to get the most out of your edits.